Sunday Morning… thinking about having a hearty brekkie… and then it hit me: I should make a bacon and egg salad! :D
Have you ever tried this salad? It’s simplicity is what makes it so special.
We dare you to make this salad and NOT fall in love with it. If you cook the egg properly, when the yolk runs together with the vinaigrette, the balance of the rich yolk and the vinegar is sublime. Combine that killer yin-yang pairing with crunchy croutons, salty, crispy bacon and feathery frisée — this salad becomes something that is an experience, not just a dish.
Bacon and Egg Salad
- 4 slices Applewood smoked bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 head frisée lettuce, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 recipe basic vinaigrette (see below)
- 1 cup homemade croutons
Preheat a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Cook bacon until crisp and golden brown, about 5 minutes. Drain bacon on…
View original post 297 more words